Splott Park was formed between 1902 and 1907 on land beside the newly completed Great Western Railway Dock Branch line. This was an 18 acre site donated by Lord Tredegar following several approaches by the Cardiff Corporation which was seeking a means to provide recreational space for the population of Splotlands. When completed Splott Park included a bandstand, and facilities for tennis, bowls and swimming. Postcards of Splott Park show the bandstand, bowling green and tennis courts. As well as postcard images there is a section which explores the documented history of Splott Park, and in addition three aerial photographs, plus a series of sketchmaps showing the development of the park over the years.