In October 1923 the Parks Committee approved a site on the western side of Llandaff Fields for a putting green but this was never implemented, as the Chief Officer found that the site was not large enough. He had also come to the view that for adequate supervision the putting green should be closer to the tennis courts and bowling green.
A putting green was approved again in December 1930, £50 being included in the 1931-1932 estimates for this purpose. It was opened in the 1931 season, on land which had previously been laid out for allotments. The Chief Officer was subsequently instructed to to report on the possible extension of the putting green at Llandaff Fields.
A nine-hole miniature golf course was opened in 1964, when the charge for a round was 1s 6d, including clubs, tees and golf balls.
Sources of Information
In general, the information in this section is taken from A. A. Pettigrew, The Public Parks and Recreation Grounds of Cardiff, Volume 4, chapter on Putting Greens
Other sources are: