In June 1900 the Parks Committee accepted an offer from Mrs H.W. Thompson to provide a fountain for Llandaff Fields if the Council would supply the water free of cost. "The borough engineer and superintendent gardener were requested to confer with Mrs Thompson and select a suitable site." The site chosen can be seen beside the large tree in several of the postcards on this website that look towards Llandaff.
This fountain is still present and now is roughly in the centre of the modern Llandaff Fields.
Another drinking fountain was donated in 1936: the Parks Committee accepted a gift from Alderman Sir Illtyd Thomas of a "Glenfield" pillar type hygienic fountain to be installed at the open air swimming baths.
Sources of Information