Drinking Fountain

Thompson's Park has both an ornamental fountain in the pond and a stone drinking fountain.

The drinking fountain was shown on Ordnance Survey maps from 1901 until the 1950s, immediately to the west of the path running west of the miniature lake. It was moved bewteen 1950 and 1980 to its present position, near the Romilly Road entrance, and it is not operational. The inscription states that it was presented by Mr C. Thompson.

Drinking fountain