This ornate fountain situated in The Hayes, close to the Free Library, was erected in 1908 and was the fourth memorial fountain donated by the Samuel family. It was formally presented by Miss Lena Samuel in memory of her uncle Mr Harry Samuel "who was for a great number of years identified with the commercial and political life of that ward."
The post card below shows the position of the drinking fountain with respect to the Free Library; it is towards the left side of the picture.
The image below is a highly magnified view of the postcard focusing on the fountain.
Sources of Information