This drinking fountain was donated to the City in 1910 by the Samuel family in memory of Mrs Fanny Samuel who died in 1886. It was located on an island at the junction of Waterloo Road, Albany Road and Marlborough Road, opposite St. Margaret's Church in an area then known as Deanfield. In the presence of members of the Samuel family and the Parks Committee, Mr Isaac Samuel presented the fountain on December 22nd 1910. The Mayor of Cardiff, Alderman C.H.Bird, accepted it on behalf of the City.
Ordnance Survey maps show that this drinking fountain remained in place at least until the 1950s.
Sources of Information