The Splott Park drinking fountain was donated by members the Samuel family in memory of their brother, Arthur Edward Samuel, who was a solicitor in practice in London.
The formal presentation took place on July 13th 1909, when the Lord Mayor accepted the fountain on behalf of the Council. A photograph of the occasion appeared in the Cardiff Times and South Wales Weekly News.
The fountain was located beyond the bandstand close to the railway on the west side of the park. It was shown on 1910 and 1940 Ordnance Survey maps.
Sources of information