The Western Mail in March 1914 reported that the ninth in a series of fountains presented by the Samuel family had been erected in Bute Place, near the entrance to the docks. This is believed to be the fountain that was offered to the City in August 1913 in memory of Louis Samuel.
The 1920s Ordnance Survey map showed this drinking fountain at the junction of Bute Place and Bute Crescent and it was still present on the 1970s map, though believed to be derelict. It has since been removed.
Sources of Information